NMEA 0183 USB to Serial Gateway
It provides a far safer connection when compared to standard USB to serial converters.
Electrical isolation is provided by the ISO-Drive™ output and OPTO-isolated input making installation simple and free from ground loops.
The input uses the Actisense OPTO-isolation circuitry to protect any connected equipment from the most common system faults. The input can receive very low-level signals that are often too small to be received by a PC serial port.
The USG-2 is the safest way to connect a boat’s data network to an on-board PC.
- NMEA 0183, RS422 & RS232 compatible
- ISO-Drive™ technology
- Pluggable screwless connector with locking latch & strain relief
- Encapsulated electronics
- High retention USB socket
- Diagnostic & power LEDs
- Baud rates from 300 to 230400 bps
- Bulkhead mount, with optional DIN rail mount kit
- Pluggable screwless connector
- Inputs & outputs protected against over voltage, ESD & short circuits
- Simple installation
- Protects PC from damage
- Eliminates ground loops
Supply voltage 12v (Min. load, Max. load)
Supply voltage 24v (Min. load, Max. load)
Input voltage tolerance
Short Term Operation (<1 sec)
Differential input voltage
Required level for data to be detected
Input to output protection
Full Galvanic Opto-isolation protection
NMEA 0183 version 2-3
Differential output voltage
50 ohm load
NMEA 0183 version 1-3 & PC serial
3k ohm load