Solid State Doppler Radar
Target Analyzer function utilizing Doppler technology spots hazardous targets instantly!
The NXT series are the first Radars in the world to use FURUNO's exclusive Target Analyzer function. Targets that are approaching your vessel automatically change colour to help you identify potentially dangerous targets. Green echoes are targets that stay stationary, or are moving away from you, while red echoes are hazardous targets that are moving towards your vessel. Echoes dynamically change colours as targets approach, or get further away from your vessel. Target Analyzer improves situational awareness and can increase safety by showing you which targets to look out for. New Hi-Power 200W.
Target Analyzer ON - Two approaching targets are depicted clearly in RED when Target Analyzer is ON.
Target Analyzer OFF
Hazardous targets are displayed in bright red
Target Analyzer clearly shows targets close to structures
When the “Rain mode” is on, rain echoes are shown in blue. This mode is particularly useful as it has the capability to detect targets masked by rain clutters.
Fast Target Tracking and Auto Target Acquire function
With Fast Target Tracking activated, it only takes a few seconds for a vector to be displayed once the target is selected, manually or automatically with the Auto Target Acquire function.
When the Auto Target Acquire function is on, approaching targets within 3NM range from own ship, which are potentially hazardous, are automatically acquired by Doppler calculation and will trigger an alarm*.
Together, Up to 100 targets can be acquired simultaneously, increasing considerably the safety and simplifying estimation of other vessel’s course and speed.
*TCPA setting required
NXT Radars feature a new Bird Mode that helps you identify birds gathering around schools of fish at the sea surface. Bird mode adjusts the gain and sea settings automatically for optimal visibility.
Bird echoes Actual scene
RezBoost beam sharpening
(the pictures show images captured by the DRS4D-NXT with Standard RezBoost and Max RezBoost)
FURUNO's exclusive RezBoost technology has been incorporated into our Radar units for enhanced resolution and impressive performance. With RezBoost set to MAX, the sharpness offers an incredibly detailed image with more targets and less clutter.
(the pictures below show images captured by the DRS4D-NXT with Standard RezBoost and Max RezBoost )
RezBoost Enhanced, MAX setting (DRS4D-NXT)
- Solid-State pulse compression Doppler Radar
No preheating time, low energy consumption (no use of a magnetron)
- Revolutionary Target Analyzer function instantly identifies hazardous targets
- Fast Target Tracking and Auto Target Acquire function, up to 100 targets
- RezBoost beam sharpening to increase the resolution
- Effective Horizontal Beam*
Can reach a value equivalent to 0.7°with DRS6A-NXT (XN13A) and 2.0°with DRS4D-NXT, when using RezBoost
*the lower the better
- Bird Mode to find the best fishing grounds by tracking birds
- Simple installation, no need to open the radome (DRS4D-NXT only), external PSU is not required
- New smart-connector cable for retrofitting existing DRS cable installations (DRS4D-NXT only)
- Type: Slotted waveguide array
- Vertical beam width: 22°
- Horizontal beam width/ Rezboost Effective Horizontal Beam:
2.3°/ 1.15° (XN10A)
1.9°/ 0.95° (XN12A)
1.4°/ 0.7° (XN13A)
- Antenna rotation speed: 24/36/48 rpm range coupled or 24 rpm fixed
- Tx frequency: 3 channel, auto/manual selectable
- Ch # P0N (MHz) Q0N (MHz)
- 1 9380 9400
- 2 9400 9420
- 3 9420 9440
- Output power: 200 W (DRS25A-NXT)
100 W (DRS12A-NXT)
- Pulselength & PRR:
Range Scales (NM) 0.0625-96 (DRS12A-NXT/DRS25A-NXT)
- Pulse length (P0N) 0.04-1.2
- Pulse length (Q0N) 5-48
- PRR (Hz) 700-2000
- Tx frequency (MHz) 9380-9440
- Minimum range: 10 m
- Range resolution: 10 m
- Range accuracy: 1% of range in use or 10 m, whichever is the greater
- Bearing accuracy: ±1°°
- Number of ports: LAN: 1 port, Ethernet, 100Base-TX, RJ45
- Data sentences: IEC61162-1/2
- Input: GGA, GLL, GNS, HDG, HDM, HDT, RMA, RMC, THS, VHW, VTG
- 12/24 VDC: 9.5/5.0 A max.
- Temperature: -25°C to +55°C, Waterproofing: IP56